The Co-Director of the Medical Practice Evaluation Center and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Rochelle Walensky is an American doctor who is currently serving as the chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at Massachusetts General Hospital.
In addition to that, lately, Dr. Walensky has selected to lead the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the administration of newly elected President Joe Biden. Moreover, she is also a member of the American Association of Physicians (AAP0, American Society for Clinical Investigation (ASCI), and also past chair of the NIH Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council.
|Birthday||16 September 1969|
|Net Worth||$5 million as of 2020|
|Education||Washington University, John Hopkins School of medicine and Harvard School of Public Health|
I began my medical career at the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis, and I’ve spent my life ever since working to research, treat, and combat infectious diseases.
I’m honored to be called to lead the brilliant team at the CDC. We are ready to combat this virus with science and facts.
— Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH (@RWalensky) December 7, 2020
10 Facts About Rochelle Walensky
- Rochelle Walensky’s bio has already made available on Wikipedia’s official page. Nonetheless, much information is yet to be filled out.
- Rochelle Walensky was born as Rochelle Paula. She is 51 years of age as of now as she was born on 16 September 1969. her birth sign is Virgo.
- The Chief of Division, Rochelle hails from Peabody, Massachusetts. Therefore, she belongs to an American nationality.
- Speaking about her education, she enrolled at Washington University where she earned a B.A. Later, she also received M.D. and M.P.H, from the John Hopkins School of medicine and Harvard School of Public Health respectively.
- Currently, Rochelle Walensky is active on Instagram with a verified account. She has 21.2k followers and 367 followings under the username @RWalensky.
- Moreover, Dr. Walensky is also a member of the Cost-effectiveness of Preventing AIDS Complications (CEPAC) team since 1998.
- As a famed individual, it is obvious to be her personal life in the limelight. In fact, she is married to Loren Walensky who is a physician and a scientist. She and her husband are blessed with 3 grown-up sons.
- Sources suggest that the net worth of Dr. Walensky is under review through her accumulated income throughout many years. However, we’re unknown with her salary.
- As per her wiki page, she follows Jewish as her religion. And, she is a member of Temple Emanuel in Newton, Massachusetts.
- Rochelle Paula turned in to Rochelle Walenksy after her wedding with Loren Walensky. Currently, her husband is a principal investigator and physician in the Department of Pediatric Oncology.