Rosa DeLauro is a long-serving house member and the chair of the House Democratic Steering Committee, she has been a representative of Connecticut’s 3rd district since 1991.
She is a democratic politician who was endorsed as the next chair of the House Appropriations Committee and won the vote, she is a close ally of the speaker of the House and Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.
In addition to this, she is also the dean of the Connecticut congressional delegation.
|Birthday||March 2, 1943|
|Parents||Luisa DeLauro and Theodore J. DeLauro|
|Net Worth||$3.4 million|
|Education||MA Columbia Univ|
This economic team is made up of trailblazers that are more than prepared to tackle the crises facing our nation.
I’m grateful @neeratanden, someone I have long trusted as a partner in the fight to support working families, will lead OMB through this critical transition. https://t.co/llnrj0quTL
— Rosa DeLauro (@rosadelauro) November 30, 2020
10 Facts About Rosa DeLauro
- Rosa DeLauro has a net worth of around $3.4 million according to her financial disclosures.
- This value does not include the values of her home, if the value of her homes is included she is worth between $1,246,442 to $5,566,434.
- DeLauro’s husband is the Democratic political strategist Stan Greenberg. The pair have been married since 1978.
- The two have 3 children, during their time together Rosa DeLauro fought and survived cancer.
- The House member was born on March 2, 1943, and her age as of December 2020 is 77 years old.
- According to her bio, he was born to parents Luisa DeLauro and Theodore J. DeLauro in New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.
- She was raised a Catholic by her family and still follows it to this day. She has, however, been against some of the principles of the faith like making abortion illegal.
- As mentioned above, she is a Democrat and has liberal views on policies. She was serving as the Chair of the House Democratic Steering Committee but has been appointed to the Chair of the House Appropriations Committee.
- The vacated position of Chair of the House Democratic Steering Committee will be filled by Cheri Bustos.
- Rosa has been a member of the House since 1991 and is one of the longest-serving representatives.