Sargis Sangari was a candidate in the 9th Congressional District from the Republican political party. He lost the Republican primary on March 20, 2020, but before that won the primary on March 18, 2020.
|Height||5 Feet 7 Inches|
|Profession||Politician; US Army Veteran|
|Net Worth||$100,000 – $1 Million|
|Education||De Paul University|
He is on the ballot but has little chance of progressing through to congress. He is a veteran and a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army Infantry and Special Operational Forces who survived the blast of 7 IEDs.
I want to thank His Grace Bishop Mar Pouls, Bishop of the Eastern Region of the Assyrian Church of the East, for receiving me at the Bishop House. A special thanks to him for his guidance and support of our campaign. #VoteSangari pic.twitter.com/sXs9YEM8Kz
— Vote Sangari (@VoteSangari) September 6, 2020
10 Facts About Sargis Sangari
- Sargis Sangari was born on June 4, 1969, and his age is 51 years old as of September 2020.
- Sangari doesn’t have a wiki page but be sure to read these facts to get information on him.
- He is a naturalized American citizen who was born in Iran and his family settled in Chicago. He is a naturalized American citizen.
- As per this source, his ethnicity is Middle Eastern and has a military background. In fact, served more than 20 years in the US Army retiring in 2014 at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- When in the army, he was instrumental in conducting talks with national security advisors and discussed the conflict while also co-operating with oppressed minorities in the Middle East
- The veteran has a wife named Helen and they have 4 children together, named Ashur (14), daughters, Nineveh (12), and Atalia (9), along with a son, Sargon (5).
- His net worth is in the range of $100,000 to $1 million.
- Currently, he is the CEO of the Near East Center for Strategic Engagement.
- He got his education from Gordon Technical High School and graduated in 1988. Later, he attended De Paul University, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
- One of the biggest tasks he received was a diplomatic assignment in Kuwait. He has also been around a lot of bureaucrats all of his career and used this experience in his political candidacy.
- He has also worked to protect the roots of the Christian religion (which he also follows) in Syria and Iraq.