Teden Mengi is an English professional footballer. He is a soccer player in the youth ranks of Manchester United. He is also the captain of the U-21s and received a lot of praise from the former player turned United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
|Birthday||30 April 2002|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
The young but talented defender has been touted as a future first-team player for United and is already bin good favors with the gaffer. He is yet to make his debut from the main team in the PL but his recent performances in the U-21 EFL Trophy show great promise for his future in the first team. He also has a market value of €1.00m as per Transfermarket.
10 Facts About Teden Mengi
- Teden Mengi was born on 30 April 2002 and is 18 years old as of September 2020.
- He was born in Manchester, England, and is a resident of the city.
- Teden is African-British as per his ethnicity because he has Angolan heritage and he is English has per his nationality.
- Mengi’s Angolan origin means he could play for either Angola or England but has chosen the youth teams of the 3 Lions.
- His height is 6 feet tall (183 cm). He plays in the center back position and is a dominating presence even though he is young.
- He has not revealed the details of his relationships and love life.
- The professional footballer made his debut as a youth player playing for United’s U-16 and England’s U-16 team.
- As for his time with the senior team, he has made only one appearance for the Manchester United first team in a Europa League game against Astana as a sub on 5 August 2020.
- Similarly, he has made appearances for England’s youth international teams as well, first starting in the U-16s and later for the U-18s.
- However, he was not part of the U-17 squad that lifted the Fifa U-17 World Cup 2017 title. Phil Foden was named the best player of the tournament.