Thomas Pesquet, who was born on the 27th of February of 1978 in Rouen of France is a French aerospace engineer, pilot, and European Space Agency, astronaut. At the age of 42 years, Thomas has traveled to space as a flight engineer and has been selected for another travel in 2021.
|Profession||Engineer, Airline Pilot|
Pesquet has two brothers and is married to his wife, Anne Mottet. According to the wiki, Thomas is a black belt in judo and loves swimming, jogging and playing basketball. Pesquet is an adventurous person and he has a license for scuba diving and parachuting as well.
10 Facts on Thomas Pesquet
- According to the bio, Thomas graduated with a master’s degree from the National Higher French Institute of Aeronautics and Space in 2001 and from Air France flight school in 2006.
- Pesquet speaks French, English, Spanish, Chinese, German, and Russian very fluently. He is also a member of the French Aeronautics and Astronautics Association, and of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Thomas started to work as a spacecraft dynamics engineer in Madrid, Spain in the year 2001 and as a research engineer at the French space agency between 2002 and 2004.
- After completing the flight training program, Pesquet worked as a commercial pilot attending more than 2000 hours of flight.
- In 2009, Thomas joined the European Space Agency and completed his Astronaut Basic training within the next year. Pesquet became the youngest member of European Space corps.
- On June 10, 2014, the engineer served as an aquanaut in the Aquarius underwater laboratory during NEEMO 18 undersea exploration mission.
- Thomas Pesquet went to space on Soyuz MS-03 on November 17, 2016, and spent six months on the International Space Station as a part of Expedition 50/51.
- The French astronaut did his first EVA with Astronaut Shane Kimbrough which lasted for 5 hours and 58 minutes.
- On March 11, 2020, ESA announced for Pesquet to travel to ISS in the second half of 2021 for another six months stay from an American Commercial Crew Vehicle.
- The information on salary and net worth of Thomas Pesquet is not available.