Timnit Gebru is the best-recognized computer scientist from the United States of America. She was the technical co-lead of the Ethical Artificial Intelligence Team Google who mainly works on algorithm bias and data mining. Also, she is a lawyer and the co-founder of Black in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
According to the report from the Washington Post, Timnit got fired from Google on December 3, 2020. There is a rumor that she helped to elevate the company’s status as a leader in assessing the technology’s fairness and risks. Also, she has forwarded an email to Brain Women and Allies. Although, the truth is yet to be revealed.
Here are some facts which might help the readers to collect enough information regarding her career and personal life. Let’s continue reading this interesting article.
It has been very uplifting for me to see. https://t.co/R07dbE6kQP
— Timnit Gebru (@timnitGebru) December 4, 2020
10 Facts on Timnit Gebru
- Timnit Gebru hasn’t revealed her exact date and year of birth. So, her actual age remains under the shadows.
- Where is Timnit Gebru from? Well, Timnit’s is originally from Jijiga, Ethiopia. Later on, she moved to the United States along with her two elder sisters and mother.
- Gebru’s father expired when she was just 5 years old. Therefore, she was raised by a single mother.
- A talented scientist, Gebru has an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity.
- Currently, she is active on Twitter with around 46.9k devotees.
- According to Wikipedia, Gebru has received an Award holding the title “Alicorn of Artificial Intelligence” by The Selfpreneur in 2017.
- Moving on to her educational background, Gebru graduated from Stanford University.
- A google scholar, Gebru has collaborated with the MIT research group Gender Shades.
- Describing her relationship or marital status, Gebru is single and not dating anyone. When it comes to her love affairs or personal life, she prefers to keep her personal life private. Hence, it’s not confirmed if she is married or not.
- Moreover, her parent’s identity is unknown in the media.