Tom Vilsack is a 69-year-old American Politician who served as the United States Secretary of Agriculture from 2009 to 2017. He was also the governor of Iowa from 1999 to 2007.
He was elected to be the Secretary of Agriculture under Obama’s presidency but has been called up to the duty once again, this time under Joe Biden.
|Birthday||December 13, 1950|
Tom Vilsack is said to be Joe Biden’s pick for agriculture secretary, a role he held in the Obama administration. Previously, he was governor of Iowa.https://t.co/MfmLW22lSb
— The New York Times (@nytimes) December 9, 2020
10 Facts about Tom Vilsack
- Tom Vilsack was born on December 13, 1950, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US, and is a 69-year-old politician.
- A loyal and faithful guy, Tom fell in love at the tender age of 23 and got married to Christie Bell on August 18, 1973. The couple has been together for 47 years now and is very happy.
- Tom Vilsack and his wife Christie Bell has given birth to two children; two sons, Jess and Doug. Both of his sons studied law.
- Tom Vilsack attended Shady Side Academy, a high school in Pittsburgh. He received his bachelor’s degree from Hamilton College in 1972 and then received a Juris Dictor (J.D) from Albany Law School in New York.
- According to his Wikipedia, Tom was born in an orphanage where his mother had lived. He was adopted by businessman Bud and Dolly Vilsack in 1951.
- In 2013, Tom Vilsacks’s net worth was estimated to be over $30 Million. In the seven years that have since gone by it must have only increased.
- Tom Vilsack is one of the few rare politicians who is not seen on the internet and has no social media account.
- He ran as a presidential candidate in 2006 in hopes to become the new president but withdrew his name in 2008 and instead supported Barack Obama.
- Obama elected him to be the Secretary of Agriculture which he worked as up until 2017. Recently, Joe Biden has expressed his wish to see Tom in that same role again.
- Tom and his wife were supporters of Joe Biden when he was a presidential campaign runner in 1988.