Kayla Mueller was an American human rights activist who was taken captive in Aleppo, Syria, in August 2013. It was believed that she was held by ISIS and later got killed.
|Birthday||August 14, 1988|
|Age||26 years (died on February 6, 2015)|
|Profession||Human Rights Activist, Humanitarian Aid Worker|
|Parents||Carl Mueller and Marsha Mueller|
|Education||Tri-City College Prep High School, Northern Arizona University|
How did she die? The cause of her death has been termed as ‘killed in uncertain circumstances’ by Wikipedia. What really happened to Kayla Mueller in captivity? In May 2015, there was a report that claimed that she had become a personal captive of Abu Sayyaf.
After nearly seven years of her death, Alexanda Kotey and El Shafee Elsheikh were extradited to the USA from the UK and have been recently charged for Kayla’s murder.
10 Facts on Kayla Mueller:
- Kayla Mueller’s death video was never captured by the terrorist organization, ISIS.
- People all around the world are still confused regarding her death but according to ISIS, she was killed in a Jordanian airstrike.
- It is believed that Kayla remained an ISIS hostage for nearly 18 months.
- The real cause of her death has never been revealed as there are statements coming from various reports stating various causes of her death.
- According to a report from the New York Times, Kayla was forced to marry Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and during the captivity, she was raped and tortured.
- Even a report of October 2019 says that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was the one to execute her.
- Very recently, in October 2020, Alexanda Kotey and El Shafee Elsheik have been charged in Kayla’s murder.
- She was born on August 14, 1988, and was just 26 years of age on February 6, 2015, when she was killed in Syria.
- She was a great human rights activist as well as a humanitarian aid worker who was originally from Prescott, Arizona, U.S.A.
- Kayla had completed her high school studies from Tri-City College Prep High School and later, she had attended Northern Arizona University.