On December 12, 2020, while facing bitter rivals Florida State, Florida Gators star player Keyontae Johnson collapsed mid-game and was rushed to the hospital immediately. He is said to be in normal condition now. The player had tested positive for COVID-19 earlier in the year.
The 21-year-old basketball prodigy was impressing supporters and rivals with his performances, averaging 10+ points per game.
|Birthday||May 24, 1999|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches|
Florida star forward Keyontae Johnson, the Southeastern Conference’s preseason player of the year, has been rushed to a hospital after collapsing during a game at Florida State.
— AP Top 25 (@AP_Top25) December 12, 2020
10 Facts about Keyontae Johnson
- As reported by ESPN, Keyontae Johnson, a young basketball prospect for the Florida Gators collapsed on the court mid-game against rivals Florida State. He was immediately rushed to the hospital and is reported to be in normal condition.
- Born on May 24, 1999, Keyontae Johnson was a huge follower and admirer of the sport of basketball since a very young age and started playing for his high school.
- Keyontae Johnson is a tough player to play against especially at his age. The 21-year-old currently plays for his college and is in his second year as a player of the Florida Gators.
- The 21-year-old has a massive height of 6 feet 5 inches and backs it up with a well-built body that weighs around 104kgs which makes him intimidating to play against.
- Johnson spent his early childhood in Norfolk, Virginia but his place of birth has not been revealed. It has been reported that his parents were on their way to watch the game vs Florida State.
- Keyontae moved to Florida before his junior year in high school. Information on his family and siblings has not been made public yet. He is of black ethnicity.
- Although just 21, Keyontae isn’t as active on the internet as most people his age, he doesn’t have a Facebook or an Instagram and usually keeps himself distanced from the internet.
- He does have Twitter though. His account @Keyontae has 5,283 followers, 678 followings with 938 tweets. His last tweet was on September 20, 2020.
- During the summer of 2020, Keyontae had tested positive for COVID-19.
- The 21-year-old has been impressive in his first two years as a basketballer, averaging over 10 points per game.