On April 19, 2019, Kyrgyzstan mixed martial artist Rafael Fiziev made his Ulitmate Fighting Championship better known as UFC debut. He faced Magomed Mustafaev at UFC Fight Night 149 however he wasn’t the victor. He lost by Technical Knock Out in the first round.
Rafael worked hard and turned his life around after that fight. He has since fought 3 fights and won all three of them, handing his career-best performance in UFC 256 defeating Renato Moicano in the first round via Knock Out.
|Birthday||March 5, 1993|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Profession||Mixed Martial Artist|
10 Facts Rafael Fiziev
- On April 19, 2019, Rafael Fiziev became the first-ever Kyrgyz to fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, however, he got TKO’d in the first round in that fight.
- Born on March 5, 1993, in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, Rafael Fiziev fought in his native land before signing for the UFC in 2019.
- There is no information on who his parents are but according to his Wikipedia, he had cousins with whom he used to spar as a kid.
- As a child, Rafael Fiziev was bullied a lot. He took up Muay Thai to deal with his bullies and slowly fell in love with it and turned it into his profession.
- Along with Muay Thai, he learned boxing, wrestling, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, He transitioned to Mixed Martial Arts but found grappling a difficult art to learn and realized he needed more training.
- Rafael Fiziev is not just a fighter, he is a registered Police Officer. He attended the Police Academy of Kyrgyzstan and fulfilled his duties while training to be a Mixed Martial Artist.
- The fighter is currently in the Lightweight division of UFC. He stands at 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 70 kgs.
- Before joining UFC he fought in promotions like ROAD FC and Titan FC winning all six of his fights.
- He won his most recent fight against Renato Moicano on December 12, 2020, at UFC 256, winning the fight via KO in the first round.
- He is available on Instagram and Twitter at @rafael_ataman_fiziev and @rafaelfiziev respectively.