Cannon Hinnant was a young boy who was shot while riding a bike. The killer was his own neighbour Darius N. Sessoms.
|Parents||Bonny Waddell and Mr. Hinnant|
|Siblings||Ava, Carly, Bryson and Braylen|
The news shook whole North Carolina. Following the event, various campaigns and GoFundme profile has been held for Cannon.
The whole news is yet to be investigated.
10 facts on Cannon Hinnant
- Cannon Hinnant was a boy who lost his life in a fatal shooting on August 9, 2020. He was just the age of 5 years old when was shot while riding a bike in the neighbourhood.
- Cannon was allegedly shot by his own neighbour in Wilson. The man has been identified as 25 years old Darius N. Sessoms.
- The whole tragic event was witnessed by another neighbour named Doris Lybrand. As told by Dorris, Sessoms ran to Cannon and shot his head with a gun.
- Hinnant’s parents were devasted by the shooting. His mom, Bonny Waddell, expressed her anger via numerous Facebook posts. Moreover, she has been asking for justice for her child.
- Till now, Cannon’s father has maintained his silence on the topic. According to news, Mr Hinnant was good friends with the murderer. As a matter of fact, Darius even used to have dinner with the Hinnant family.
- Cannon had 2 brothers and 2 sisters named Ava, Carly, Bryson and Braylen. Furthermore, the siblings were very close to each other.
- To honour his death, family members and friends gathered on Thursday. The funeral was visited by many people who were both shocked and saddened by the terrible news.
- Numerous campaigns have been run since the incident. Hinnant’s mother called out other people to wear crocs to support her cause. The hashtag #crocsforcannon took over the internet as Cannon loved crocs.
- Hinnat was born and raised in North Carolina. Hence, he was American by nationality. Likewise, he belonged to white ethnicity.
- You can follow the news on Cannon’s mother Instagram profile, Bonny Waddell.