Christopher C Miller is the acting United States Secretary of Defense and was appointed to the position on November 9, 2020. He has a lot of experience in counter-terrorism and has a degree from the ‘National Defense University’.
He was replaced in a surprise move by POTUS Trump as his Presidential term is coming to an end according to various news sources.
|Name||Christopher C Miller|
|Birthday||October 15, 1965|
|Profession||SECDEF; Army Veteran|
|Parents||Lois Maxine and Harvey D. Miller|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Education||George Washington University; National Defense University|
I am pleased to announce that Christopher C. Miller, the highly respected Director of the National Counterterrorism Center (unanimously confirmed by the Senate), will be Acting Secretary of Defense, effective immediately..
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 9, 2020
10 Facts About Christopher C Miller
- Christopher C Miller’s Wikipedia page is being updated but you can read all about him in this article with the facts below.
- Miller’s wife is Kathryn Maag, they got married on September 16, 1989. She is an office manager and works in an advocacy firm. Together they have 3 kids.
- He comes from an American family and was born to parents Lois Maxine and Harvey D. Miller on October 15, 1965.
- Miller is also Caucasian by ethnicity and comes from Wisconsin.
- His net worth is estimated to be in the range of $1 million to $5 million while the exact figures of his finances have not been released.
- Miller has an extensive background in the military and counter-terrorism. As a matter of fact, he was the chief of Counterterrorism before getting appointed as the acting United States Secretary of Defense.
- Chris also served in the esteemed special forces unit the Army Green Beret
- He was surprisingly appointed after Mark Esper was fired by POTUS Donald Trump. His decision was passed by the Senate. The initial request was presented by the President earlier in 2020.
- Miller replaced Lieutenant Colonel Esper as the SECDEF. Miller also simultaneously holds the post of Director of the National Counterterrorism Center.
- Esper released a memo in which he praised the efforts of the Defense Department and said that everyone should work together to protect the USA.