Daniel Harris is one of the people federally charged with a plot to kidnap Michigan’s Governor Gretchen Whitmer (Democratic Party). Harris along with 12 other people were devising a plan to kidnap and hod the Giverner hostage while she was in her vacation home.
He has also been accused of telling his group members to ‘knock on the door and cap her [Governor Whitmer] when she answers’ according to the FBI.
Thirteen members of the Wolverine Watchmen domestic terrorist group were charged with plotting to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer at her vacation home in reaction to what they viewed as her “uncontrolled power,” prosecutors said. https://t.co/P4Id8PEhEc
— ABC 7 Chicago (@ABC7Chicago) October 9, 2020
10 Facts About Daniel Harris
- Daniel Harris was born in 1997 and his age is around 23 years old as of October 2020 according to this source. He lives in Lake Orion and his family has been a resident of Michigan for all his life.
- He doesn’t have a Wiki page but you can read all about the alleged criminal in this article.
- Harris was part of the Michigan Militia that wanted to overthrow the state government and kidnap Governor Gretchen Whitmer from her vacation home in West Michigan.
- According to Click On Detroit, the group started plotting on June 6, 2020, by organizing a meeting in which they discussed to kidnap the governor. According to the FBI, there was a confidential informant of the Bureau at the meeting.
- The group had already come into the attention of the FBI in March 2020.
- Harris along with the Wolverine Watchmen and other militia members planned to storm Michigan Capitol and overthrow their state government.
- In addition to this, Daniel himself has been accused of sending a message planning to kill the governer in an encrypted group chat.
- The plan was foiled by the FBI before they could gt into action and the governor has thanked them for that.
- Conspiracy to incite a civil war is also among the federal charges that Daniel is facing.
- The accused are awaiting the trial and jury as of October 9, 2020, at Kent County Jail.