David Friend is a senior vice president for CBS TV stations. David Friend and his co-worker Peter Dunn are making headlines in different media after they were suspended temporarily following the Los Angeles Times Investigations.
NEWS: CBS suspends top two TV station executives — Peter Dunn and David Friend — following LA Times investigation into racism and misogyny at TV station group. CBS plans to investigate the allegations raised here: https://t.co/hQTJaoWew8
— Meg James (@MegJamesLAT) January 26, 2021
David Friend and Peter Dunn are placed on administrative leave on Monday, January 25, 2021, after the National Association of Black Journalists demanded the television executives be fired. They both were placed on leave following the third-party investigations. They were accused of cultivating a hostile work environment that included female bullying managers and blocking efforts to hire and retain Black Journalists, as reported by the Los Angeles Times.
10 Facts On David Friend
- David Friend is a TV executive of CBS, a major commercial broadcasting television network in the United States.
- Is David Friend married? Yes, David Friend is married to his wife Wendy, and they seem to participate in several marathons.
- Although David Friend started his television news career in 1978, he lacks a Wikipedia profile under his name.
- Since we know that David Friend is a married man, we assume that he has a beautiful family including his children and wife.
- The National Association of Black Journalists has accused David Friend and Peter Dunn of making racist, sexist, homophobic, and discriminatory comments.
- David has earned a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Columbia College and a master’s degree from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
- Furthermore, Friend has also been a journalism professor at Yeshiva University and the College of Mount St. Vincent in New York.
- David might have a good fortune of net worth, as he worked hard in this field since 1978 and was appointed as senior vice president for the CBS Television Stations group in June 2010. Similarly, his salary is also secretive as of now.
- We cannot find any bio pages dedicated to him as of now.
- Moreover, David Friend was the first to produce special live coverage of the Macy’s Fourth of July fireworks show in 1983.