John Lewis was an American politician and activist. He is well-known for his role in the civil right movement of America.
|Birthday||February 21, 1940|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
|Parents||Eddie Lewis and Willie Mae|
|Education||American Baptist Theological Seminary, Fisk University|
Lewis got his pop-culture fame from 2020 Netflix documentary “Good Trouble”. The politician died due to cancer in 2020.
10 Facts on John Lewis
- John Lewis (February 21, 1940-July 17, 2020) was an American civil right activist and political figure. He was the age of 80 years old when he took his last breath. Similarly, his zodiac sign was Pisces.
- Lewis was born and raised in Troy, Alabama. The young American boy was brought up in a black neighbourhood. This later inspired his fight for freedom.
- Following his bio, John was the third eldest child of the family. His father was Eddie Lewis and mother was Willie Mae. Moreover, he has 9 siblings.
- John stood at a height of 5 feet and 6 inches tall (1.68m). Likewise, his weight was around 80kg. Furthermore, he had dark eyes and bald hair.
- In 1968, the politician tied the knot with his wife Lillian Miles. Speaking about his children, the couple also has a son named John-Miles Lewis. Sadly, Lillian died in 2012.
- John got his bachelors degree in theology from American Baptist Theological Seminary. Furthermore, he also went to Fisk University to pursue his second bachelor’s degree in Religion and Philosophy.
- During his studies, Lewis actively participated in civil rights movements in America. He was recognized as the member of “Big Six leaders” who conducted a March in Washington.
- His role in the movement was portrayed in Netflix’s documentary “Good Trouble”. In fact, the title of the movie was inspired by his quote “Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble.”
- Lewis was diagnosed with cancer in 2019. This eventually led to his death in 2020.
- Although John is a named politician, details about his net worth are off the web.