Ty Garbin is one of the men who was arrested along with 12 other men as they were plotting to overthrow the state government and kidnap the Governor of Michigan, Gretchen Whitmer who is a democratic official.
Garbin has since been charged with conspiracy to kidnap the governor. According to officials, he was in firearms training with the militant group and according to reports, they were also trying to make an Improvised Explosive Device.
Six men were arrested and accused of plotting with a militia group to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan, the authorities said.https://t.co/kO83j7Ltu9
— The New York Times (@nytimes) October 8, 2020
10 Facts About Ty Garbin
- Ty Garbin was born in 1995 and his age is around 25 years old as of October 2020 according to this source. He was born in Michigan, USA, and is a resident of the state.
- There is no Wikipedia page on the alleged criminal but you can read all about him in this article.
- Garbin lives in a trailer park in Hartland Township, his mobile home unit, and took him to court.
- Ty is part of the Michigan Militia and was one of the 13 indicted by the state of Michigan. An FBI investigation foiled their plan to kidnap the governor and start a government uprising.
- The authorities have also alleged that they were trying to spark a civil war.
- Garbin, the 25-year-old has been accused of taking firearms training with the purpose of inciting violence, the FBI has also said that he talked about making an improvised explosive device on a private group chat.
- Authorities also allege that he was trying to make a payment on explosives and exchange tactical gear.
- He is facing federal charges and is one of the most notorious members of the Michigan militia who wanted to kidnap the governor.
- Governor Whitmer has thanked the FBI for foiling the plot. The militia allegedly planned to kidnap her from her vacation home.
- Other texts in the group also suggested that they wanted to kill the governor.