Thomas Jefferson Byrd, an actor recognized for his work on Spike Lee movies, was shot dead in Atlanta by an unknown assailant. He was a respected character actor and had been active in the film industry since the 1990s. While he started late as an actor, he still managed to get nominated for the Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play.
His death sparked a lot of grief all around the world especially in the movie community, as of October 4, 2020, the authorities are still investigating his murder.
|Name||Thomas Jefferson Byrd|
|Birthday||June 25, 1950|
|Age||70 (at the time of death)|
|Net Worth||$100,000 to $1 million|
|Education||Morris Brown College; California Institute of the Arts|
10 Facts About Thomas Jefferson Byrd
- Thomas Jefferson Byrd’s cause of death was the multiple bullet wounds as he was shot on his back.
- At the time of his death on October 3, 2020, his age was 70 years old. he was born on June 25, 1950.
- Some reports suggest he was married but there is no information about his wife in the public media.
- According to various sources, he has a net worth between $100,000 to $1 million at the time of his death. He earned most of his fortune from his career in film.
- Talking about his career, he got his first acting role in the television show ‘In the Heat of the Night’.
- Since his first role, he has worked on multiple projects and is a respected actor in the community. He is known for his work with Spike Lee.
- His Wikipedia page is not complete but there are facts about the actor in this article which will help you.
- The last on-screen project he worked on was 2020’s ‘Freedom’s Path’.
- Before entering the on-screen acting industry, he worked on various theater productions and was even awarded for his acting performances.
- His work with Spike Lee includes Clockers, Get on the Bus, Bamboozled, Red Hook Summer, and Chi-Raq.