Gerard Houllier was a former Liverpool manager who was announced dead on December 14, 2020. He was also a football player who played from the year 1968 until the year 1980. He had played for a total of three clubs in his career – Alsop (1968 to 1969), Hucqueliers (1969 to 1971), and Le Touquet (1971 to 1980).
|Birthday||September 3, 1947|
|Age||73 years (died on December 14, 2020)|
|Height||5 feet and 10 inches|
|Profession||Football Player, Football Manager, Actor, Director|
Although he was not a very popular player, he was an amazing manager who managed various teams from 1973 until 2011. How did Gerard Houllier die? The former manager had been suffering from heart problems for several years and this remains his main cause of death. He had even managed the French national team from 1992 until 1993.
10 Facts on Gerard Houllier:
- Gerard Houllier, the former Liverpool manager had first managed the Merseyside club jointly alongside Roy Evans in the year 1998.
- Later, he was the standalone manager of Liverpool from 1998 until 2004 where he was able to win one FA Cup, two Football League Cup, an FA Charity Shield, 2000-01 UEFA Cup, and 2001 UEFA Super Cup.
- Talking more about Gerard Houllier’s international career, he had also managed France’s u-18 side and France’s u-20 side.
- Moreover, he was born in Thérouanne, France, and thus, his nationality was French.
- Moving on to Gerard Houllier’s family, he was married to Isabelle Houllier but we know nothing about his children.
- Furthermore, he was born on September 3, 1947, and thus, his age was 73 years when he passed away.
- Speaking about Gerard’s other club signings, he had managed Paris-Saint Germain from 1985 until 1988, Lyon from 2005 until 2007, and also Aston Villa in the 2010-11 season.
- Likewise, he had attended Lille University to earn an undergraduate degree in English.
- According to Gerard’s bio from his official Wikipedia page, his playing position as a football player was a midfielder.
- Although we are totally unknown about Gerard’s net worth, we do know from Express UK that he ranked seventh in the world in terms of the richest manager in the world.