David Perdue is a GOP senator from Georgia who has been in office since 2015. He is also a multi-millionaire and has a huge net worth. The senator has had a lot of experience in business and has been serving as a state senator for 5 years, he is also running for another term in 2020.
He will be running against Jon Ossoff of the Democratic party. He recently caused a slight controversy when he knowingly mispronounced vice-presidential candidate Kamala Harris’ name.
|Birthday||December 10, 1949|
|Net Worth||$15.8 million|
|Children||3 (including a daughter who passed away in infancy)|
|Education||Georgia Institute of Technology|
10 Facts About David Perdue
- David Perdue is married to Bonnie Dunn, the two tied the knot in August 1972. They gave birth to three children among which their daughter died in infancy. They have two sons David A. Perdue III and Blake Perdue. They also 3 grandchildren.
- His family also includes another established politician as his first cousin, Sonny Perdue is United States Secretary of Agriculture.
- The senator’s Wiki page is being updated but you can read all about his bio in this article.
- He has a net worth of $15.8 million in October 2020. Most of his fortune is from his career in business.
- David has served in executive positions in some multinational companies. He receives $174,000 per year as a base salary as a senator according to Ballotpedia.
- Perdue’s background is mostly in business and he has served as a consultant at Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Ltd. (GHCL).
- As for his religion, he is a methodist practicing under the Protestant values of the Christian religion.
- He is a member of the Republican party and is an avid supporter of Trump.
- In October 2020, he was present at a Donald Trump rally and willingly mispronounced Joe Biden’s running mate Kamala Harris’ name. He even made fun of her name in the Trump rally speech.
- In addition to this, he also told people about a ‘potential liberal takeover’.