William J Burns has been widely recognized in the United States as the nominee for CIA director. Previously, he had been servicing as the 17th United States Deputy Secretary of State from July 28, 2011, until November 3, 2014.
Quick Facts: William J Burns Wikipedia Bio, Wife And Family: Everything On CIA Director
|Name||William J Burns|
|Birthday||April 4, 1956|
|Children||Sarah Burns and Elizabeth Burns|
|Education||La Salle University, Oxford University|
From January 20, 2009, until January 21, 2009, he had served as the Acting United States Secretary of State. Even before that, he had served as the Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs.
Biden plans to nominate William J. Burns, a former career diplomat, to run the CIA https://t.co/aVfQuhUNAK
— David Ignatius (@IgnatiusPost) January 11, 2021
10 Facts on William J Burns:
- William J Burns’s Wikipedia says that he had served as the 5th United States Ambassador to Russia back in 2005.
- From William J Burns’s bio, we can confirm that he had worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs from June 4, 2001, until March 2, 2005.
- Talking about his love life, William J Burns has been married to his wife named Lisa Carty. However, her detailed information is currently not known.
- Speaking about William J Burns’s family life, his father was an Army Officer which was the main reason why he was interested in public service.
- Well-known as the nominee of CIA Director, he had previously served as the United States Ambassador to Jordan.
- Moving on to William’s education, he had completed his BA degree in History from La Salle University. Later, he completed his M.Phil. as well as D.Phil. degrees from Oxford University.
- Although we have no idea about what Burns’s religion is, we can confirm that he is very respectful towards the rights of religious minorities.
- Coming to William’s background, he was born and raised in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, U.S.A. Thus, we can confirm his nationality to be American.
- Moreover, he and his wife Lisa share two daughters together. Their names are Sarah Burns and Elizabeth Burns.
- As he was born on April 4, 1956, he is already 64 years old as of 2020 and will reach 65 years old in 2021.