Peter Sutcliffe, who was notorious as the Yorkshire Ripper died while serving a life sentence at the Frankland prison in County Durham. The cause of his death was COVID-19, he had also had a heart attack sometime prior to his death on 13 November 2020.
Sutcliffe was one of the most infamous serial killers in the world who was found guilty of murdering 13 women. His victims ranged from 18 to 47 years old.
|Birthday||2 June 1946|
|Age||74 (at time of death)|
|Profession||former Driver turned Serial Killer|
|Parents||John William Sutcliffe; Kathleen Frances|
|Wife||Sonia Sutcliffe (former)|
Peter Sutcliffe, the serial killer known as the Yorkshire Ripper who was serving a whole life term, for murdering 13 women, has died https://t.co/ORtlJpcboN
— BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) November 13, 2020
10 Facts About Peter Sutcliffe
- Peter Sutcliffe died at the age of 74 years old on 13 November 2020. He died complications caused by COVID-19, a week prior he had a heart attack.
- He passed away at the University Hospital of North Durham, he was serving multiple life sentences at HMP Frankland in County Durham when he was taken to hospital and passed away.
- Sutcliffe was a serial killer who gruesomely murdered 13 women and injured 9 in a killing spree that spanned 5 years.
- He was called the Yorkshire Ripper because 11 of his murderers were in West Yorkshire. He was also the ‘Ripper’ for the gruesome way he killed the women, he stabbed them multiple times and bludgeoned them, beyond recognition.
- Most of his victims were stabbed so many ties that the blood would drain out from their bodies within an hour of being stabbed.
- His Wikipedia page is being updated but you can read up on the killer in this article.
- He had a wife named Sonia Sutcliffe who remained married to him even though he had been convicted of his crime before eventually divorcing him in 1994.
- His wife suffered from schizophrenia and was reported to dominate her husband in their relationship.
- They did not have any children together.
- A reporter who interviewed his wife said that she was the coldest person he ever met.