Jerry Rawlings was Ghana’s former leader who used to be well-known as a politician as well as a military officer. On November 12, 2020, he was announced dead at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital. Talking about Jerry Rawlings’s cause of death, he had died of short illness as per reports claimed by BBC.
|Birthday||June 22, 1947|
|Age||73 years (died on November 12, 2020)|
|Profession||Politician, Military Officer, Fighter Pilot|
|Parents||James Ramsey John and Victoria Agbotui|
|Net Worth||$1 million – $5 million|
|Wife||Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings (m. 1977)|
|Children||Zanetor Agyeman-Rawlings, Kimathi Rawlings, Amina Rawlings, Yaa Asantewaa Rawlings, and Ezenator Rawlings|
|Education||Achimota School, Achimota College|
He had served as the Head of State of Ghana Chairman of the Armed Forces Revolutionary Council from June 4, 1979, until September 24, 1979. Then, he went on to become the Head of State of Ghana Chairman of the Provisional National Defence Council. On January 7, 1993, he had been announced the President of Ghana, and his terms ended only on January 4, 2001.
10 Facts on Jerry Rawlings:
- Jerry Rawlings was a married man as he was married to his wife, Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings in the year 1977.
- Since he was born on June 22, 1947, he was exactly 73 years old when he left this world.
- According to Jerry Rawlings’s bio on Wikipedia, he was considered to be the 1st president of the 4th republic.
- Moving on to his education, he had completed his schooling at Achimota School and later completed his secondary education at Achimota College.
- Talking about Jerry Rawlings’s family, he was born to James Ramsey John and Victoria Agbotui.
- Moreover, he and his wife, Nana shared a total of five children. They are Zanetor Agyeman-Rawlings, Kimathi Rawlings, Amina Rawlings, Yaa Asantewaa Rawlings, and Ezenator Rawlings.
- Even though we are well aware that his nationality was Ghanian, we are not sure about Jerry Rawlings’s ethnicity.
- Speaking about his profession, he was a fighter pilot when he served in the military.
- Surprisingly, he had died just two months after his mother, Victoria had died.
- Furthermore, the estimated net worth of Jerry was around $1 million to $5 million before the time of his death.