Lester Eubanks is a convicted child killer and rapist who had been sentenced to life in prison.
He was originally sentenced to death but his ruling was overturned and he was put in prison for life, however, he escaped from prison in December 1973 after he was allowed to go on a shopping trip unattended.
The killer has been on the run since. The police have been looking for the fugitive for over 43 years.
|Height||5 Feet 11 Inches|
A new fugitive has been added to the “15 Most Wanted” list.
— Dana Whyte (@dwhytereports) December 9, 2018
10 Facts About Lester Eubanks
- Lester Eubanks is around 76 years old as of October 2020 according to this source. While he has been missing since the early 70s, the authorities have released a digitally made age-progression photo.
- The killer does not have a Wikipedia page but you can read all about the criminal in this article.
- As mentioned above, he was put on death row as per his original ruling but the supreme court overturned his ruling citing that the death penalty was unconstitutional.
- He was a loner and his friends described him as a creative man.
- Eubanks was, however, a sexual predator and a pedophile. He killed 14-year-old Mary Ellen Deener of Mansfield after raping her.
- Lester was put in prison for life but he managed to make the guards and the prison management, his friends.
- After making him his friends, the pedophile was allowed to go on a shopping trip without supervision in December 1973.
- He has been missing ever since, at the time, he was a 5 foot 11 tall man who weighed in at 175 lbs. It has been 43 years since he escaped.
- Authorities said that they believe they are getting closer to catching him.
- Due to the notoriety of his case, Netflix has featured it one of the episodes of its show “Death Row Fugitives” and “Unsolved Mysteries“.