Walter Wallace Jr. was an African-American man who was killed after being shot by the police in an encounter in Philadelphia. Walter had a knife on him at the time but city officials have questioned the way in which he was shot and killed.
As a matter of fact, protestors have taken to the street in huge numbers in Philadelphia. Looters have also been stealing from businesses and protests have gone violent.
|Name||Walter Wallace Jr.|
|Age||27 years old|
10 Facts About Walter Wallace Jr.
- Walter Wallace Jr. was a 27-year-old man at the time of his death in October 2020 according to this source.
- His Wikipedia page does not exist but you can read all about him in this article.
- As per this source, Wallace Jr had just gotten married in October 2020. He was also the father of seven children.
- The same source as above reports that all of his children were of school-going age. The name and details of his wife have not been made public yet.
- Walter was shot in Philadelphia after reports of him assaulting an elderly woman at 6100 block of Locust Street emerged, it was also found that he had a knife at the time.
- According to his cousin, his parents were watching as the incident took place and had been grieving ever since.
- A cell-phone video of the shooting has made the rounds and reignited the argument of brutal force by the police.
- An investigation is ongoing but many have criticized the police for shooting him. His family has also said that he had mental health issues.
- According to documents, each police officer present fired at him seven times but it is unclear how many times he was actually shot.
- White was also an aspiring rapper whose song was played at protests and demonstrations in the city which have caused more than 90 arrests and 30 police injuries.