Gale Sayers was a famous American professional football player who recently died at the age of 77. He used to play as a punt returner, running back, and as a kickoff returner. He is regarded as one of the legends of the games and was admired by many of his colleagues and a new generation player. He was an inspiration to many of the upcoming superstars. He held the most number of Touchdowns which wasn’t broken until 2017 and this shows his dedication and excellent gameplay in those early periods.
Gale Sayers, unfortunately, passed away on September 23, 2020, in his home Wakarusa, Indiana, USA. He passed away at the age of 77 which shooked many of the professional footballers and almost the whole nation and he was regarded as one of the best players in NFL history.
|Birthday||May 30, 1943|
|Net Worth||$50 Million|
— Gale Sayers (@RealGaleSayers) June 20, 2015
10 Facts on Gale Sayers:
- Gale Sayers was born on May 30, 1943, in Wichita, Kansan, USA.
- His age as of 2020 was exactly 77 years old unfortunately he passed away.
- He died on September 23, 2020, due to complications in dementia and Alzheimer and these both the diseases are linked with the brain and its malfunction.
- Talking about his love life and his wife, Gale was married to Ardythe Bullard in 1973 after his first marriage with Linda McNeil ended after almost 11 years of marital life.
- Gale and 6 children in total 3 from his first marriage and 3 from his second marriage and in total 5 sons and 1 daughter.
- Gale was diagnosed with dementia in 2012 and his wife Bullard announced it in 2017 and made it public.
- His net worth at the time of retirement was almost 50 million dollars.
- Gale Sayers holder almost 20 franchise records at the time of his career which is regarded as the most number of records held by a single player.
- He started playing football from the University of Kansas.
- Gale has written three books and their name are I Am Third, My Life and Times, and Offensive Football.