It’s news time and if you have woken up, here are the headlines for today – Ed Davey has received a total of 42,756 votes which is around 63.5% of the total votes. And, you guess it right! He has defeated Layla Moran and now, he has been appointed as the new leader of Liberal Democrats.
|Birthday||December 25, 1965|
|Parents||John Davey and Nina Davey|
|Children||John Alban Davey|
|Education||University of London, Birkbeck, University of London, Jesus College, Nottingham High School, University of Oxford|
He had previously serviced as the Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrats since September 3, 2019. Also, he had held the position of Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change back in the year 2012.
Ed has been serving as the Member of Parliament for Kingston and Surbiton since June 9, 2017, and now, people have high expectations for him as a leader. His leadership has started from August 27 and let’s see what achievement he is going to conquer as the leader of the political party he has been serving for the last three years.
10 Facts About Ed Davey:
- Ed Davey’s entire life biography can be found online on Wikipedia, a very free encyclopedia.
- Since the year 2005, he calls Emily Gasson as his wife and the couple has now been together for almost 15 years.
- Born on December 25, 1965, Ed Davey is currently exactly 54 years of age.
- It seems Ed has not disclosed his financial status including his net worth and salary yet.
- You can surely follow @EdwardJDavey for his Twitter updates.
- If you wish to know more about his family, let us tell you that he shares a son named John Alban Davey with his wife Emily.
- What about his nationality? He is a British as he was born in Mansfield, United Kingdom.
- This famous politician has not been appointed the new leader of Liberal Democrats in 2020.
- He is actually the son of John Davey and Nina Davey.
- Here’s the 10th fact everyone should know about – He has been serving the Liberal Democrats political party.