Jason Lata is a suspect in an assault case whose video went viral on Facebook. The video has reached millions of views on social media. Lata, a Trump supporter reportedly assaulted a peaceful counter-protestor standing by.
An anti-Trump song was being played by counter-protestors beside the Trump rally in Texas. The video shows, Jason getting violent as he shouts for the song to be turned off. Then he punches a man standing idly by.
Violent Trump supporter at a rally in Texas assaults a peaceful counter-protester pic.twitter.com/s950Q3kgTj
— Fifty Shades of Whey (@davenewworld_2) October 3, 2020
10 Facts About Jason Lata
- Jason Lata’s job and employment status are not revealed to the public as of October 5, 2020.
- In a similar fashion, there is no information on his wife or family. He might be married but has not divulged any information about his family.
- Lata was arrested following the viral video in which he punched an anti-Trump protestor after verbally abusing him.
- He was arrested by Denton PD in Texas and was charged with assault that caused bodily harm, he is currently in the City of Denton Jail awaiting trial and his bail has been set at $15,000.
- The man he punched had a broken tooth and suffered from an abrasion below the elbow. Jason had punched him outside Buc-ee’s on October 3rd.
- As for the video, it has gone viral with the title Facebook: Denton Buc-ee’s Assault, as for Jason’s Facebook, it appears he has deleted his social media accounts and even his profile pictures have been removed from the platform.
- He currently awaits the decision on his case, he was also not wearing a mask at the rally.
- A simple assault in Texas can carry a sentence of up to a year in county jail and a $4,000 fine.
- While in more serious cases, the assault can be a felony with a 20-year sentence in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Jason is 44 years old as per this source.