Sholam Weiss is a former American businessman and philanthropist. He was sentenced to prison for 835 years in 2000 by the Federal Court. He started his prison sentence in 2002.
However, the former entrepreneur’s sentence is commutated by President Donald Trump on the last day of his presidential reign. The 45th US president pardoned or commutated 143 people in his span in the white house.
Quick Facts: Sholam Weiss Wife And Net Worth: Everything You Need To Know
Moreover, Sholam Weiss faced many charges such as money laundering and fraud when he was allegedly involved in the fraud of around $125 Million with the NHLIC company in 1994. He pleaded guilty by the federal court in 2000 and it was the longest white-collar conviction in history.
However, the convict fled the country in 2000 and was found and arrested in Austria in 2002. As of now, he is a free man.
20 years is enough! #FreeSholam
— Sholam Weiss (@SholamWeiss) December 2, 2020
10 Facts on Sholam Weiss
- Sholam Weiss is a former American businessman and philanthropist who went to prison for money laundering and fraud charges.
- Moreover, Sholam Weiss is a married man. But there are not many known facts about his wife and family.
- As of 2021, Sholam Weiss is just 66 years of age. He spent the last 18 years in prison.
- Also, his birthday lies on April 1 every year and hence, his zodiac sign is Aries.
- Moving on, Sholam Weiss has an infamous Wikipedia biography. It contains everything about his case.
- Speaking of, the businessman was allegedly involved in the fraud of over $125 Million with the National Health Life Insurance Company.
- If those allegations are true, Sholam Weiss should have over a hundred million dollars of net worth.
- For his deeds, Sholam Weiss was sentenced to prison for 835 years.
- It is the longest white-collar conviction in the history of the United States.
- However, he was commuted by President Trump on January 20, 2021.