Al Roker is a well-known journalist, television personality, actor, and also an author. Currently, he has been serving NBC‘s Today as their weather anchor. What happened to weather broadcaster, Al Roker? According to Toady‘s official website, Al Roker confirmed that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and will be undergoing surgery to remove his prostate.
|Name||Al Roker (Albert Lincoln Roker Jr.)|
|Birthday||August 20, 1954|
|Height||5 feet and 7 inches|
|Profession||Journalist, Actor, Author, TV Personality, Weather Forecaster|
|Parents||Isabel Roker and Albert Lincoln Roker Sr.|
|Net Worth||$65 million|
|Wife||Deborah Roberts (m. 1995), Alice Bell (m. 1984)|
|Children||Leila Roker, Courtney Roker, and Nicholas Albert Roker|
|Education||Xavier High School, State University of New York|
|Youtube||Al Roker Entertainment|
Also, he has requested all the people, especially black men to see a doctor if they have such problems as 1 in 9 men in the world will be diagnosed with this cancer in their lifetime. Moving on to Al Roker’s health and illness update in 2020, he had found out that he was diagnosed in September 2020 during a normal checkup and he says that he will be taking a break from his work as the illness has brought some negative impacts on his health. Here are other facts about her.
10 Facts on Al Roker:
- The weather broadcaster, Al Roker will undergo treatments next week, in November 2020, and most probably, he will have to undergo chemotherapy.
- As he was born on August 20, 1954, his current age is 66 years.
- Since he was born in Queens, New York, U.S.A., his nationality is American, and talking about his ethnicity, we can find all over the internet that he is an African-American.
- Talking about his parents, he was born as Albert Lincoln Roker Jr. and is the son of Isabel Roker and Albert Lincoln Roker Sr.
- Moving on to his education, Al had completed his high school studies at Xavier High School, and later, he completed his BA degree in Communications from the State University of New York.
- Moreover, he was first married to Alice Bell, from 1984 until 1994, and in the year 1995, he got married to Deborah Roberts.
- Furthermore, he has a total of three children. They are Leila Roker, Courtney Roker, and Nicholas Albert Roker.
- According to Wealthy Persons, Al has an estimated net worth of $65 million as of 2020.
- Also, we have found out that he is 1.73 m (5 feet and 7 inches) tall and he weighs around 78 kg.
- Speaking about his social media accounts, we can find him online on YouTube, Instagram (710 thousand followers), Twitter (2.4 million followers), and Facebook (133.7 thousand fans following).