Jim Ryun is an American athlete and a politician. He was considered the world’s best middle-distance runner. Ryun has been bestowed many awards including the silver medal in the 1968 Summer Olympics and now, he is going to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom from Donald Trump which must be really exciting. Ryun was also a Republican politician and maybe that explains why Trump wants to give him the medal.
Ryun currently resides in Jefferson County, Kansas, and is a sports management executive right now because he is far from his athletic prime but he knows a lot about sports. Ryan has said that he started running because he couldn’t do anything else.
He couldn’t make it on the basketball team and the baseball team. But somehow he got in running and like Forrest Gump, hasn’t looked back ever since.
|Birthday||April 29, 1947|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Net Worth||$1.7 million|
|Education||University of Kansas|
10 Interesting Facts About Jim Ryun
- Jim Ryun is currently 73 years old. He was born on April 29, 1947, according to his Wikipedia page.
- Jim Ryan was born in Wichita, Kansas, and had a normal easy-going life as one did in the American suburb at that time.
- Ryun has been married to Anne Ryun and they have been living happily with each other.
- Jim Ryun received his alma mater from the University of Kansas.
- Jim Ryun stands at 6 feet 2 inches which is 188 centimeters (1.88 meters).
- Ryun has a net worth of $1.7 million in 2020.
- Jim was a member of the US House of Representatives from Kansas’s 2nd district from November 1996 to 2007.
- Jim Ryun has a Twitter handle where 11 thousand people follow him.
- Jim promotes many posts on his Twitter account that are related to mental health and the benefits of running.
- Jim Ryun and his wife are the members of Grace Evangelical Presbyterian Church