Mara Kimmel is the first lady of Anchorage, Alaska, USA. She is the wife of former mayor Ethan Berkowitz who was recently (in October 2020) involved in a sexting scandal that revealed he was in an extra-marital relationship with a news anchor.
In addition to this, a picture of his genitalia was leaked online too. He has since apologized but the FBI has concluded that there were no criminal actions in Ethan’s texting relationship.
|Profession||Professor, Human Rights Activist|
|Net Worth||$100,000 to $1 million|
10 Facts About Mara Kimmel
- Mara Kimmel’s Wikipedia page doesn’t exist but you can read all about the former mayor’s wife in this article.
- Ethan Berkowitz’s Wife has been with him for many years and they have two children together. She is also involved in town politics and is a professor at Walter J. Hickel where she teaches Strategic Development and Entrepreneurship at Alaska Pacific University.
- She was worked for human rights and immigrant rights in the state of Alaska. The former Anchorage first lady is also the co-founder of the Alaska Institute for Justice.
- Her net worth is not public knowledge but some sources suggest she is worth between $100,000 to $1 million.
- Kimmel’s husband resigned from the office on Tuesday. He has also issued an official apology and said he is extremely sorry for hurting his family and community.
- Ethan was elected into the mayor’s office in 2015 and the re-elected in 2018.
- Before this, he was a Member of the Alaska House of Representatives from 1997 to 2007.
- Kimmel has not spoken to the media after the scandal but many sources allege that the couple is moving towards separation.
- His extra-marital affair with Maria Athens, a reporter. She works as a local Fox and ABC affiliated news reporter.
- Athens uploaded a nude picture of the mayor on her Facebook page along with the snapshot of the former mayor’s statement that the claims of their relationship were ‘slanderous.’