Lloyd Austin is renowned military personnel from the United States. He was a retired four-star general who served as the 12th commander of the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM). Also, he was the first black head commander who got retired from the services in 2016. Actually, Austin’s work is to advise, train, assist, and equip the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF).
According to the recently updated news, the US-elected president, Joe Biden has nominated retired General Llyod to be his secretary of defense on Monday. Austin would be the first Black man to lead the department of defense which is really a piece of great news for Austin. Moreover, he has years of experience working in the defense sector, surely he will perform his role very well.
Biden selects retired Gen. Lloyd Austin as defense secretary, a source familiar says. He’d be the first Black man to lead the Pentagon. https://t.co/q8OfQGJ69C
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) December 8, 2020
10 Facts on Llyod Austin
- Lloyd Austin was born in 1953. His age is 67 years old as of 2020.
- He was born and raised in the United States. Hence he holds an American nationality.
- According to the public source, Llyod hasn’t disclosed his actual height and body weight on the internet.
- A versatile politician, Llyod’s current income or net worth is yet to surface on the internet. As being a politician, he definitely has earned a good fortune.
- According to Wikipedia, In 2010, Austin became a commanding general of US forces to Iraq at the al-Faw palace in Baghdad, Iraq.
- It looks like, Astin is not active on social media outlets like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Discussing his marital status, Austin keeps his personal life private. However, his wife and children’s details are still unknown in the media.
- As mentioned above, Llyod is quite secretive about his personal life. Therefore, his parent’s identity is missing from the record.
- According to Politico, Biden went to Austin’s place to appoint him as a Secretary of Defence.
- Further, Austin completed his master’s degree in counselor education from Auburn University.