Gregory Cheadle is an American politician who was running for the primaries in California’s 1st Congressional District. He lost the primary elections and didn’t get a chance to advance into the generals. The politician was a representative of an Independent Party.
Moreover, Cheadle is not a new name in politics. He was the person who went viral during the presidential elections in 2016. At the time, he was a Republican candidate for California. Then, presidential candidate, Donald Trump called him “my African American” in one of his campaigns. The president was giving a speech to the white crowd and Cheadle was the only black man in the VIP seat. So, Gregory Cheadle was singled out by Trump at a California rally. The news is back again as the date of the elections is approaching.
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Education||Degree in Psychology and Pre Med|
If Gregory Cheadle hadn’t cracked a joke at a June 2016 Trump rally, his life would be a lot less complicated today. The Black former Republican has a lot to say about the fallout from that day and who he’ll vote for in the 2020 presidential election. https://t.co/24LtndEfTn
— CNN (@CNN) September 12, 2020
10 Facts on Gregory Cheadle
- Gregory Cheadle is an American politician who ran for California’s 1st Congressional District independently.
- He is mostly famous for being Trump’s “African American friend” which went viral during his campaign in 2016.
- However, he doesn’t have a Wikipedia biography until now.
- The politician is not married at the moment. He had a girlfriend but they broke up when he went viral in 2016.
- Hence, further facts about his family are not known yet.
- The politician doesn’t come from decorated family background. He was a member of a middle class working family and did a lot of struggle getting to his position.
- So, his net worth is not in exciting figures. However, the exact details of his net worth are not available.
- Gregory Cheadle was singled out by Donald Trump during the California rally in 2016. He was the only black man on the stand.
- When Trump asked for a black supporter, Cheadle stood and said “I’m here.” Even though he meant it as a joke, he went viral and not in a good way.
- As of now, the 63-year-old politician is a volunteer in the local ER Hospital as he has a degree in Psychology and Pre Med.