Gretchen Whitmer is a popular American politician. Currently, she has been serving as the 49th Governor of Michigan. Also, she has been serving the Democratic political party right now.
|Birthday||August 23, 1971|
|Parents||Sharon H. Reisig and Richard Whitmer|
|Net Worth||$500 thousand|
|Husband||Dr. Marc Mallory|
|Children||Sherry and Sydney|
|Education||Forest Hills Central High School, Michigan State University, Detroit College of Law|
Just like other Democratic governors, Gretchen Whitmer has also been a huge protestor of Donald Trump’s decision-making in the current coronavirus outbreak. In her response, the president has come out very harsh. It seems Donald Trump doesn’t want good relations with the woman governor of Michigan.
View this post on Instagram
Today, I declared racism to be a public health crisis in Michigan and created the Black Leadership Advisory Council. COVID-19 has highlighted what Black and Brown communities have always known — inequities caused by systemic racism can be deadly. We’re confronting this head on. The Council, consisting of Black leadership in economics, public policy, health, technology, environment, agriculture, arts and culture, will develop, review, and recommend policies and actions designed to eradicate and prevent discrimination and racial inequity in Michigan. We have a lot of work to do, but these are important steps on the path to building an inclusive state that works for everyone. Read more at the link in my bio.
He spoke that Gretchen is a lady who just blames the government without herself doing anything. In fact, he tweeted and called her Gretchen Half Whitmer which brought a lot of media attention. Donald Trump’s statement seems to be right as more than 10 thousand cases have been tested positive in Michigan and the death toll has reached more than 400.
10 Facts About Gretchen Whitmer:
- Gretchen Whitmer is a married woman and the name of her current husband is Dr. Marc Mallory.
- As she was born on August 23, 1971, she is currently 48 years of age.
- Her information is available on the free online encyclopedia called Wikipedia.
- The estimated net worth of Gretchen is approximately $500 thousand as of 2020.
- Her current salary as a governor is considered to be nearly $159,300.
- She is a member of the Democratic Political Party and has been currently serving as the 49th governor of Michigan.
- Talking in-depth about her family, she doesn’t share any children with her husband Marc.
- However, she was previously married to Gary Shrewsbury with whom she shares two daughters named Sherry and Sydney.
- She had completed her high school education from Forest Hills Central High School and later completed her BA degree from Michigan State University. Finally, she earned a JD degree from Detroit College of Law.
- Gretchen is active on various social media accounts like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter too.