Matt Simpson is a personal trainer and professional fitness coach who has stirred up controversy for creating and sharing a slavery-based workout routine. The trainer had developed a workout routine that contained 12 exercises and named it “12 Years of Slave” after the movie of a similar name.
Simpson is affiliated with PureGym and has come out to say that he did not mean to offend anyone and has now realized how wrong his actions were.
10 Facts About Matt Simpson
- Matt Simpson’s age and birthday are not public knowledge but some sources estimate he is in his early 30s as of October 2020.
- There is no information about his exact height but according to tabloids, he has a height of 6 feet 2 inches.
- Matt Simpson uses social media as a platform to expand his business and has a Facebook page where he originally shared his workout routine based on slavery.
- He has also apologized in length with a post on Facebook.
- Matt had created a workout routine that had 12 exercises and was named “12 Years of Slave”, the name was obviously based on the movie of a similar name
- The trainer received outrage on all platforms for his workout routine and addressed that he had crossed a line himself. He added that he did not mean any malice.
- He said that his original intent was to celebrate Black History Month with a workout based on slavery.
- Social media users were raging against the post and some even called them out for the insensitive marketing campaign that they released on Facebook.
- It was originally posted on PureGym’s own social media page but has since been removed and Matt Simpson has taken full responsibility for the post.
- Simpson is a British trainer and belongs to African-British ethnicity.