Australian economist Philip Lowe earns $1.02 million (USD) serving as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia according to the AFR. Starting his career as a clerical worked in 1980 at the age of 17, he has since risen through the ranks and is the governor of the RBA.
He has been a polarizing figure for expressing his disdain over how much some company’s CEOs are paid. He has publicly said that CEOs are paid too much.
|Profession||Governor of RBA; Economist|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
— CEDA (@ceda_news) November 15, 2016
10 Facts About Philip Lowe
- Philip Lowe’s net worth has not been revealed but if his salary is anything to go by, he must be worth more than $10 million.
- Lowe’s wife is Jocelyn Parker and the couple has been married for over a decade, they met while Parker was an employee at the RBA.
- She currently works at the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- The couple has 3 children including an 18-year-old daughter who faced scrutiny from Mark Latham who called her out for her alleged ‘spoiled’ behavior.
- The Governor has said not to involve his family in politics.
- Philip’s Wiki page is still being updated and is incomplete, but you can read all about him in this article.
- The RBA Governor was born in the early 1960s and his age is around 57 years old as of October 2020.
- As for his experiences, he has a strong background in economics and has been working in government since he was 17.
- His first job was a clerical position in 1980, since then he has been appointed the head of the RBA’s Economic Research Department in 1997.
- In 2020, he is serving as the Governor of the Reserve Bank Of Australia, he was appointed to the position in 2016 and has been serving the RBA in that capacity ever since.