Steve Pankey is a Republican candidate for the governor of Idaho who has been arrested by the Greeley Police Department in connection with the Jonelle Matthews kidnapping and murder case.
He is the suspected culprit but the suspicions have not been confirmed by any trial or jury. He at the Ada County Jail in Idaho being held without bond. He is facing felony murder and kidnapping charges that includes a first-degree murder charge.
The politician from Idaho has become a headline as he was arrested and is being extradited to Colorado.
|Wife||Angela Hicks (ex-wife)|
|Education||Aims Community College, La Puente High School|
My campaign has been about preserving Idaho’s First Amendment Rights to freedom of religion and freedom of speech. #IdahoGovernor2014
— Steve Pankey (@PankeyforIdaho) November 5, 2014
10 Facts About Steve Pankey
- Steve Pankey was born in 1951 and his age is 69 years old as of October 2020.
- He was born in Ventura, California, United States, and is an American as per his nationality.
- Pankey is a politician from Idaho who was running for Governor of Idaho. He ran as a republican and he has called himself an avid supporter of Donald Trump.
- As a matter of fact, he has said that his policies include defunding the state’s budget for abortion.
- He described himself as one of the most passionate Republicans.
- His campaign is on hold as he awaits trial in county jail. He was arrested as authorities investigated him in suspicion of being the culprit of the Jonelle Matthews kidnapping and murder case.
- Police allege that he might be the person who shot the 12-year-old Jonelle Matthews of Greeley in 1984 after kidnapping her.
- According to the indictment, he was behind the 1984 disappearance of Greeley. Her remains were found in 2019.
- There is no information about his current relationship or wife but he was married in the past to Angela Hicks.
- His net worth has not been revealed but sources estimate he is worth between $100,000 to $1 million.