Who is Cathy Freeman? She is a world-famous former Australian sprinter who is now called a television personality too. She retired as a professional athlete on July 1, 2003. Talking about her legacy, she had won her first gold medal in Commonwealth Games during 1990 held in Auckland.
|Birthday||February 16, 1973|
|Height||5 feet and 5 inches|
|Profession||Sprinter, Television Personality|
|Parents||Norman Freeman and Cecelia Freema|
|Siblings||Anne-Marie (died in 2000), Gavin, Garth, and Norman|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Education||Kooralbyn International School, Fairholme College, University of Melbourne|
Cathy made her name famous all over the world when she won a gold medal in the 400m race during the 2000 Olympics held in Sydney. After retiring from sprinting, she entered into the television industry. Born to Norman Freeman and Cecelia Freeman, she appeared in television shows and documentaries like Finding My Magic, The Trophy Room, We Can Be Heroes, etc.
Highlighting her family, Cathy lost her elder sister, Anne-Marie, the same year she won the Olympics gold medal. Apart from Anne-Marie, Cathy also shares three other brothers – Gavin, Garth, and Norman.
10 Facts on Cathy Freeman:
- Cathy Freeman is a former sprinter who is well-known for earning a gold medal in the 400 m race during the 2020 Olympic games.
- Such a huge personality is easily found on Wikipedia.
- She was born on February 16, 1973, and thus, she is said to be 47 years of age.
- It is believed that she is already married and her husband’s name is James Murch.
- In a documentary entitled Freeman, she has very recently described her success, the reason behind it, and her legacy.
- As of 2020, Cathy’s net worth has reached nearly $4 million.
- Cathy is basically well-known as an Australian sprinter who has now been featured on her own documentary named Freeman.
- After her sprinting career ended, she immediately joined the television world and now, she has appeared in more than 20 different television series and documentaries.
- Talking about her family, she shares a child with her husband, James.
- Cathy is said to have previously married Sandy Bodecker.