Debra Hixon is the widow of Parkland School coach Chris Hixon. Her husband was unfortunately shot and killed in a gruesome gun shooting and now she has recovered from her pain and decided to run for the Broward County School Board. She was a teacher, coach and now it appears that she is changing her path by participating in an election.
She has been a teacher for 31 years and has struggled a lot in her job. Losing her husband along with 16 other innocent victims was definitely the hardest thing she has ever had to do in her life. She decided to change things and that’s why decided to run for the Broward County School Board.
|Education||Florid State University|
So excited to file my papers to qualify today with the Broward County Supervisor of Elections. I am looking forward to the opportunity to serve our community as the next Countywide School Board member. #Debbi4Broward. https://t.co/JwF3AcGCXf pic.twitter.com/bW165HkQGa
— Debra Hixon (@debbi_hixon) May 28, 2020
10 Facts On Debra Hixon
- Debra Hixon is currently 31 years old according to a source on the internet.
- She was the wife of the late Chris Hixon who met a tragic fate after being shot down in a gun shooting in Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
- Details about her date of birth have not been available until this date.
- She is on the ballot and appearing in the next election of the USA on November 3, 2020.
- Hixon has 2 children to take care of. One of those children has special needs. She is a dedicated mother and praised by her community members.
- Joe Biden’s video of consoling the family members who lost their loved ones in the Gun shooting has recently gone viral and check out more about that here.
- Debra was born in Hollywood, Florida, and has been teaching since then.
- Hixon got Bachelors’s Degree from Florida State University in 1989 and ever since that, she’s been a science teacher.
- Hixon has always been against gun ownership as she lost her husband due to that.
- She is on Twitter and has 691 followers on her account.