Leslie Van Houten is an American convict who was a member of the famous mansion family. She has been convicted of two murders and a conspiracy to commit murder. The Mansion Family and their followers were responsible for committing five murders in 1969. Being a Mansion follower at the time, she was a possible suspect and has been imprisoned since 1971.
|Name||Leslie Van Houten|
Moreover. Leslie Van Houten was given the death penalty at the time. However, it was not legally accepted in California, hence, she was sentenced to life imprisonment instead. She has been in prison for around 49 years and her parole has been rejected once again by the Californian government. Her lawyer has stated that they will challenge the decision again.
Here are a few facts to know about the famous convict, Leslie Van Houten.
The case of #leslievanhouten is an interesting one given her young age at time of crime, her state of mind and now years of rehabilitation. https://t.co/OQJCejUkcl
— Tony Bravo (@TonyBravoSF) September 6, 2017
10 Facts on Leslie Van Houten
- Leslie Van Houten is an American convict who is convicted of the killings of Leno and Rosemary Bianca.
- Moreover, Leslie didn’t have a smooth relation with her parents. Her parents were divorced when she was 14 years old.
- As of now, Van Houten is 71 years old. She is originally from Los Angeles.
- Unfortunately, nothing much is known about her husband, not even if she is married.
- Leslie Van Houten was convicted of two murders. As per the Californian court, she did kill people.
- According to it, her victims were Leno and Rosemary Bianca. They were murdered in 1969.
- The murders were committed by the Mansion Family led by Charles Mansion.
- As of 2020, she is still in jail and her parole has been denied again. Leslie is in the prison for almost five decades.
- Leslie was pregnant at the age of 17 and was forced to abort the child even if it was already mature.
- As one of the most talked topics, Leslie has a well dedicated Wikipedia biography.