Eileen Gu, the champion of the Winter X-games Aspen women’s freestyle skiing, has been nicknamed the ‘Daredevil‘ by the Independent. Her performance in the competition as a 17-year-old has marked her to be China’s next Olympic star.
The young talent has been shortlisted to be the next gold medalist in the Winter Olympics to be held in Beijing, China. She is being congratulated by almost everyone worldwide, with the likes of ESPN joining the trend.
Quick Facts: Eileen Gu Age And Wikipedia: How Old Is X Games Aspen Gold Medalist?
|Birthday||September 3, 2003|
|Profession||Professional Freestyle Skier|
|Parents||Mother (Yan Gu)|
|Education||San Francisco University|
17-year-old rookie Eileen Gu at #XGames Aspen 2021:
✖ First woman/second overall to win 2 gold as an X Games rookie.
✖ First woman/second overall to earn 3 X Games medals as a rookie.
✖ First athlete representing China to win @XGames gold. pic.twitter.com/NhIGBxRSVy
— X Games (@XGames) January 31, 2021
Eileen Gu’s 10 Facts
- Eileen Gu won two gold medals and a silver in the Winter X-Games Aspen in three separate events. In the event 25 year history, she became the first Chinese athlete gold winner and the first rookie to win a gold medal in the superpipe, the first rookie to win 2 golds, and the first rookie to win 3 medals.
- As of 2021, Eileen Gu’s age is 17 years. She was born in San Francisco on September 3, 2003.
- Regarding her background, her parents have separate nationalities. Her father is American, while her mother Yan Gu is Chinese.
- Eileen Gu’s ethnicity is Chinese-American as she decided to change her nationality to Chinese at 15 years old. She somehow always felt she was more Chinese than American.
- According to her Wikipedia, Eileen Gu’s height is 5.6 feet, and her weight is 115 lbs. These have certainly played a part in winning the gold medals.
- Eileen Gu is a San Francisco University High School graduate and will be joining Stanford in 2022. She has managed to perform brilliantly in her studies as well as skiing.
- At the age of 8, her mother decided to put her either on a race team or a ski team. Thinking racing was dangerous, her mother kept her in the ski group, and the rest is history.
- Eileen Gu is fluent in both English and Mandarin. Considering her yearly trips to China with her mom, she could have learned Mandarin there.
- Her side job is modeling, and she has become a regular at New York fashion weeks. The Chinese version of Vogue and Elle has frontlines her pictures all over their cover page. Moreover, her hobby also includes playing the piano.
- Eileen Gu’s Instagram handle has been followed by over 67k followers, where she continuously posts about her ski events.
Leave a Reply