Ian Thorpe is an Australian legend. Why would he be an Australian legend? One could ask this but I have a fantastic answer to that. Thorpe is the person who has won the most Olympic gold medal in all of Australia. That earns someone a legendary status, doesn’t it? He has been a consistent and strong swimmer as he represented Australia for the first time when he was just 14 years old.
Thorpe is currently retired but back in the day, he was a fierce athlete. He gained the nickname “Thorpedo” and that’s probably because of his insane swimming abilities to move in the water. He has 11 gold medals in International Championships and has been awarded “Australian Swimmer of the Year” many times in his career.
|Birthday||October 13, 1982|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches|
|Net Worth||$2 million dollars|
10 Facts On Ian Thorpe
- Ian Thorpe is currently 38 years old and has retired from swimming. He swims sometimes but it’s not for a competition.
- He was born on 13 October 1982 which means his birth sign is Libra.
- Ian was born in Sydney, New South Wales in Australia. He grew up around the ocean and gravitated towards swimming as most Australians.
- He has been featured on a Wikipedia page. When you are the man with the most Olympic gold medal in Australia, you will be featured in Wikipedia, no doubt on that one.
- He stands at a height of 6 feet 5 inches which is an impressive height.
- According to various sources, Ian Thorpe has a net worth of $2 million dollars. That’s a huge sum but he really deserves it.
- Thorpe appears to be single currently. He hasn’t confirmed any news of girlfriends either.
- Thorpe is best at Freestyle stroke in swimming.
- We don’t know who his parents are. Those details haven’t been surfaced yet.
- He has an Instagram following of 57 thousand people on his account.