Judy Shelton aka Judy Lynn Shelton is an economist who was nominated to the board of the Federal Reserve by outgoing POTUS Donald Trump.
Her nomination to the Fed was blocked in the Senate even though it has a Republican majority. She was blocked mostly because she wanted to revert back to the ‘gold standard’, an outdated financial system used in the 20th century.
In addition to this, she is also the economic advisor to Donald Trump.
|Profession||Economist; Economic Advisor to Trump|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Education||Portland State University; University of Utah|
— Judy Shelton (@judyshel) September 17, 2020
10 Facts About Judy Shelton
- Judy Shelton’s husband is Gilbert Shelton, a former banker, and farmer who owns acres of land and cattle.
- Not much is known about their married life and when they got married. They have also kept the details of their children under wraps.
- Lynn Shelton was born around 1954/1955 and is either 65 or 66 years old as of November 2020.
- Her net worth has not been revealed to the public but according to sources, she is worth between $1 million to $5 million.
- Shelton’s wiki page is being updated but you can read all about her in this article.
- Judy was born into a big family, she has 4 siblings. Her father ran a business and her mother was a housewife. She was born and raised in Los Angeles. She got her early lessons in business and economics from her father.
- In 2020, she is the economic advisor to Trump, she was also appointed by the President to a board member position in the Federal Reserve.
- She presented her views to revert back to an outdated economic system and criticized the Federal Reserve policies.
- Judy failed to advance to the final vote and her nomination was blocked by the Republican majority Senate.
- Two Republican senators were absent due to COVID and several voted against her nomination.