Lee Cain is a well known former journalist from England. In July 2019, he was appointed as the Downing Street Director of Communications by Boris Johnson, the prime minister of the United Kingdom. He is very much appreciated and praised for his works.
Recently, in November 2020, Lee has announced that he resigned from his position as the Director of Communications. Well, the resignation is not random. He was the longest-serving aide in No. 10 of Boris Johnson.
Here are some facts you need to know about Lee Cain.
Lee Cain is resigning from Downing Street – James Slack to become the new Director of Communications – official statements expected soon
— Laura Kuenssberg (@bbclaurak) November 11, 2020
10 Facts On Lee Cain
- Lee Cain is a professional journalist who has recently stepped down from his post of director of communication.
- Cain hasn’t shared any information regarding his date of birth and age. He is probably in his late forties.
- Born and raised in England, Lee holds the British nationality. There is no information regarding his current whereabouts.
- The information of Cain’s parents, siblings, and other family members are not disclosed yet.
- Talking about Cain’s educational background, he did his early studies at the Ormskirk Grammar School. And after graduating from his school, he completed his higher studies at Staffordshire University.
- According to his Wikipedia, Lee started his journalism career working for the newspapers like The Sun, Daily Mirror, and Gloucester Citizen.
- The reason for Lee to resign from his position as Director of Communication was that his promotion to become the Downing Street Chief of Staff was protested by Johnson’s fiance and some other advisors and ministers.
- Cain hasn’t shared about his personal life. Hence, the information about his relationship status, wife, or partner is not available.
- There are no official sources to share the details regarding Lee Cain’s net worth and earnings.
- You can find Lee Cain on Twitter @MrLeeCain. His Twitter account is private.