Joshua Kiprui Cheptegei a.k.a Joshua Cheptegei is a professional long distance runner. He holds the world record in the 5,000 m and 10,00o m races. Born in Kapchorwa District in Uganda, Joshua Cheptegei was interested in sports from a young age. During his primary school, he played football, long jump, and triple jump.
He later shifted his focus to long distance running. He began as a professional long-distance runner in 2016. At the 2017 World Championships held in London, Joshua won the silver medal in the 10,000 m race.
|Birthday||12 September 1996|
|Age||24 years old|
|Height||5 feet 6 inch|
Find out some lesser-known facts about Joshua Cheptegei here.
10 Facts on Joshua Cheptegei
- Joshua Cheptegei is a professional long-distance runner from Uganda. He is a world record holder in 5,000 m and 10,000 m races.
- Chepegei began his professional career in 2016. The next year, he won a silver medal at the World Championships which was held in London, the United Kingdom.
- He is also employed at Uganda National Police.
- Born in Kapchorwa District in Uganda, Joshua holds Ugandan nationality.
- Though he has a Wikipedia page, the detail of his family members; father, mother, and siblings are not public yet.
- He was born on 12 September 1996. So, his age is 24 years old.
- Just at the age of 24, Joshua has achieved a lot as a professional long-distance runner. He has won six golds. His first gold medal came in the 2014 World Junior Championships.
- As a professional long-distance runner, Joshua must have earned good money. The detail of his career earnings and net worth are under review.
- As of 2020, Joshua Cheptegei is single. So, he does not have a girlfriend, to begin with. Also, he has never been married.
- Joshua is active on social media like Twitter and Instagram. You can find him on Instagram as @joshuacheptegei.